|Pack up and travel to Chicago today through Sunday to view big boats, bags, electronics, apparel and FRIENDS! If your friend lives anywhere near Chicago and sails, you can bet he will be there. But don't rely on past year's info. The show has been moved 2 miles south of downtown to McCormick Place. Still easy access for your northerners. Our local vendors listed are Line Honors, Melges and Stelluca. Great gear, fast boats and fancy bags (as well as utilitarian). So visit Melges and buy a new boat (yes, help your fleet grow and provide used boats for others), check out all the Gill, Zhik or Musto gear to look good (you deserve it) and then stop by and get your spouse the trendiest new sailcloth bag at Stelluca.
Melges will be introducing the new Melges 14. The video of Harry and Andy in action is here. To the editor's unknowing eye, it was a joy to watch the techniques of our boatmakers just having fun on Lake Geneva in the Fall. Even the 'old guys" (don't tell them) look fantastic in the boat. And it's features make it suitable for family fun or competitive instruction and racing.
- Modern boat with carbon spars, epoxy infused hull, high quality.
- No bailing - large and open cockpit. Modern and sleek.
- Faster than other boats in its size range. Easier and more comfortable to sail.
- Modern sail plan - exciting and modern look.
- Perfect for family fun. Sail with your kids!
- Great for sailing schools, youth sailing and adult sailing. All around fun boat with modern technology, construction and look. A winner!
First viewing ever at this show! Melges has begun production and boats will be ready for delivery in the Spring. And it's a mix of the old and new - look at the logo. The rabbit ears return. It's only at Melges.
Stelluca, LLC - Grab a Bag
Line Honors - Gill, Musto, Zhik - the Hottest Gear