Sail at the PYC with Jimmy Spithill as part of Bart's Bash on Sunday, September 21
Bring your Opti to Pewaukee and sail with Jimmy Spithill, be part of Bart's Bash fundraiser and world record attempt, then get his autograph and take your photo with this legendary sailor! All ages are welcome. Even if you don't have an Opti or can't sail, please join us for this once in a lifetime event and meet Jimmy afterwards.
Jimmy Spithill is the mystery guest at this year's 49th E Scow Blue Chip at Pewaukee Yacht Club on September 18-21 and we want as many people as possible to participate in his visit.
His visit coincides with Bart's Bash, a fundraiser in memory of Andrew "Bart" Simpson, who passed away during a tragic America's Cup accident on May 9, 2013. Sailors all around the world will be racing on Sunday, September 21st in a World Record attempt to help raise money for the Andrew Simpson Sailing Foundation. Donate here:
The Foundation's mission is: "To transform the lives of young people through sailing. Everything we do is driven by our belief that all young people have the ability to excel - through sailing we provide opportunities to grow, achieve and inspire excellence."
Jimmy Spithill is a signature participant in this special event and his participation will take place right here in Pewaukee and you have the opportunity to be part of this historic event.
There will be two Bart's Bash races with Jimmy on Sunday, September 21st.
Bart's Bash Event 1 as part of the E Blue Chip Race - morning
This will be the final race of the E Blue Chip regatta and will count both for the E Blue Chip and Bart's Bash. So, all E Scow Blue Chip sailors will also be part of Bart's Bash and registered accordingly.
Bart's Bash Event 2 for anyone/all ages with an Opti - approximately 12 noon
Special Opti race with Jimmy Spithill - all are invited to join us!
- Yes, Jimmy will be sailing an Opti with you!
- Yes, there will be an autograph signing and photo session after the race!
- Even if you can't race an Opti, please stop in and spectate!
- Approximate start time is between 12 noon and 1:00 pm, subject to slight change, depending on when the E Blue Chip ends.
- One short race as part of the Bart's Bash Regatta and World Record attempt for largest regatta.
- Everyone is invited to participate. All ages, all lakes. But, you must provide your own Opti.
- Children and adults are welcome to sail together, separately, or have multiple children per boat. Just keep it safe!
- Autograph session following the race - Meet Jimmy, bring your gear for him to sign and snap your own photo for your scrapbook.
- Lunch available for purchase and cash bar. The famous Blue Chip Sandwiches will be reasonably priced.
- Race is free, but please register ahead of time:
- Consider making a donation by sponsoring Jimmy in this event:
- Follow us on Statwack - an app for your team! Get the free app or visit and search for "E Scow Blue Chip" then Follow Us to receive the latest news, updates and any schedule changes.
- You can also visit
This is a worldwide event with key participation right here in the middle of scow country. Please join us and help get Jimmy's sponsorship level to the highest possible. Let's show the world what scows are all about!
Quick Reference Links:
Contact Us via Email --
Follow us on Statwack - an app for your team!
Download the free Statwack app and follow "E Scow Blue Chip" and you will be informed of all the latest news, race results and any last minute schedule changes.
Register your Opti - fill out this form:
Donate as a Sponsor of Jimmy Spithill at this link:
Video about Bart's Bash:
E Scow Blue Chip Official Site: