The Inland Lake Yachting Association Board of Directors announces a new program to recognize member support. ILYA members regularly support our many services through the payment of annual dues. Additional support from members with donations above and beyond the dues will now be acknowledged with a three-tiered recognition system.
· Silver Level Support Recognition will be awarded to members who donate $100 or more in addition to their dues.
· Gold Level Support Recognition will be awarded to members who donate $500 or more in addition to their dues.
· Platinum Level Support Recognition will be awarded to members who donate $1,000 or more in addition to their dues.
The recognition applies each calendar year. Members who participate in this program will receive an ILYA sticker with the designated recognition category suitable for display on their boat or car. Supporters will also be recognized annually via Scow Slants.
Members may participate by specifying their donation to go to any one or combination of three available funds-General Fund, Promotion Fund, and Foundation Fund.
General Funds contributions may be used for general ILYA operating expenditures, including:
· Winter Inland expenses and speakers as needed.
· Scow Slants costs in excess of the advertising revenue.
· Online registration and membership renewal update costs.
· Equipment purchases, general repairs, and meeting expenses.
· Race Committee and clinic expenses.
Promotion Account funds are used to finance:
· Our first-time ILYA adult participant program. This program allows sailors who have never sailed in an adult ILYA event to have their entry fee waived.
· Our youth discount program. This program allows sailors under the age of 25 to enter our adult Championship regattas at a 50% discount. This year we are expanding this program to include the ILYA adult invitationals.
· Sailgroove's activities at our Annual Championship regatta including video clips and live interviews. Sailgroove will also be available for your club's use to highlight the best from our member clubs.
· Costs of sending representatives to the US Sailing Junior Sailing Symposium.
· Other Promotional costs approved by the Board of Directors.
Foundation General Fund contributions:
The ILYA foundation has been rechartered to accept general funds in support of Inland sailors who are accepting the challenge to venture out to non-scow National and International events. For example, a high school sailor who qualifies at the regional level to attend the nationals may petition for some level of matching funds to assist with the expense. Foundation trustees will evaluate all requests for financial assistance and provide support as feasible to qualified competitors, with youthful sailors given special preference.
How can I participate?
Just mark your membership application or renewal form (either on-line or paper form) with your donation amounts and fund choices. Then display the sticker proudly and show your support for the ILYA.
Already a member for 2010?
Become a Silver, Gold, or Platinum Level Supporter at any time during the year with your tax deductible donation to the ILYA