July 7 - 10 is going to be a great weekend on Beulah! We've got 33 competitors pre-registered and I know there will be more. I expect we will be in the 40-50 boat range.
Here are some things to think about for the regatta:
1. Clinic on Thursday: Zack Clayton and John Porter have graciously offered to do a free clinic on Thursday afternoon for anyone registered for the regatta, if enough folks are interested. This would start at 2 pm. If you are interested in attending this clinic, I need to know by Tuesday night, July 5. Based on numbers, we will then decide whether to go forward. Please reply to me at this email address if you want to attend.
2. Things to bring:
a. As noted in the NOR, we are going to encourage wet sailing, although dry sailing is not prohibited. There is a sheltered bay for mooring. Please bring anchor, buoy and line. The bay is shallow.
b. Water bottle. We are supporting the ILYA green initiative and will have bulk water. Bring a water bottle or you can purchase a Lake Beulah Sailing School water bottle while they last. Summerset Sail will have water available on land for your fill-up.
3. Friday night pontoon cruise. After racing on Friday, we will be offering a pontoon cruise of Beulah, with refreshments and appetizers. If you're bringing your spouses, this would be a fun time together on the water. The cruise and refreshments are included in your regatta package, but we'll need to charge $10 for spouses or other extra folks. After the cruise, we'll return to the club for the Friday night cookout, included in the $10.
4. Heroes and Legends. To honor our previous major regatta winners and have a little fun, we're going to pair them up and score them separately as teams (this is not team racing). We'll pair a "hero" (younger person) with a "legend" (older person) for the teams. (Note that "younger" and "older" are relative terms in this fleet.) I'll announce the pairings at the skippers meeting. There will be an award for the winning H&L pair.
5. Saturday night steak fry. The Beulah C fleet will host the Saturday night event just for you. Bring your spouse for a tenderloin dinner. Cost is $15.
6. Schedule. Reminder that registration is from 3:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. on Thursday, July 7, and 7:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. on Friday, July 8. Free beer and a free casual meal on Thursday night! Skippers briefing at 9:00 am on Friday. First race is scheduled for a 10:00 am warning signal on July 8.
See you this weekend!
815 347 2590 (Cell)
815 725 5271 (Home)
262 642 7723 (Summer)