Come join us for the Winter Inland to be held the 10-12th of February at Chenequa Country Club in Chenequa, WI, and thanks to Melges for general sponsorship and the Bilge Pullers sponsoring Dave Perry , it promises to be a great event. ATTENTION - No blue jeans are permitted on Friday night; this includes our youth. Sorry, Chenequa policy for the Friday Night Fish Fry.
NEW THIS YEAR: SPECIAL SESSION FOR JUNIOR PROGRAM ORGANIZERS
Youth sailors - WE WANT YOU! Ask your parents for a half day off. 3:00 at Pine. Come express your opinions, help us make good decisions for your fleet and clubs, listen to Dave Perry while your parents attend the fleet meetings.
2:30 - 3:00pm Registration
3:00-5:00pm Junior Program Directors & Organizers Session
Dave Perry & a panel of seasoned program directors will be there to answer your questions:
- How to energize your program?
- When & how to teach the rules to our junior sailors?
- Instructors/Coaches: finding, keeping, paying, feeding?
- What can a strong transitional fleet do for your club in the long run?
- Other burning issues facing your Sailing School?
5:00-6:00pm Youth Sailors, Attend the fleet meetings: 'Tell us what you want' Brainstorming Things your organizers want to know:
- Clinics or Regattas?
- 1, 2 or 3 day events?
- Weekends or Weekdays?
- With other fleets?
- View a tentative schedule for 2012
- Bring us your issues & ideas
5:00 -5:45pm Optimist Fleet Meeting
- Pewaukee Presentation
- Future years' Regatta sites
- 2 Day Green Fleet-Is it working?
- How do we get our youngsters into our sailing programs rather than losing them to another sport?
5:45 - 6:45pm X Fleet Meeting
- Measurement items for Delavan
- New whisker pole launch system
- Delavan presentation
- Future years' Regatta sites
- ILYA Coach / Support Boat Guidelines
- Length & number of races
6:00 - 6:45pm Youth & Junior Sailors Hour with Dave Perry
~How the rules create tactics
~Sailing beyond the ILYA
6:45 - 8:00 Youth Development & 420 Fleet
Possible Points of Discussion:
- What does the 420 fleet bring to the ILYA?
- Why did we sanction the 420?
- ILYA Coach/ Support Boat Guidelines
- How to buy a 420? What can the ILYA do to help?
- Transition from X's to 420's
- Moving boats venue to venue
FLEET MEETINGS ON SATURDAY
Registration on Saturday morning will begin at 8:30 am with the Sailing Promotions meeting from 9:00 - 9:45 am. The E's and Melges 17's Fleet meetings, as well as a discussion on Race Committee, Club & Regatta Basics will immediately follow from 10- 10:45. The ILYA Annual Meeting of Club Delegates will then follow at 11:00am. The A, C and I-20 Fleet meetings as well as a Club Issues Break out session will commence at 12:30-1:30.
There will be a Buffet Soup & Sandwich available from 11:00 1:00 so that you can grab some comforting food to take to your meetings.
The MC and 420 fleets will meet from 1:45- 2:45 as well as a Session on Sailing Tactics with Dave Perry.
ILYA ANNUAL AWARDS & BILGE PULLER'S HALL OF FAME
At 3:00 Saturday afternoon a cash bar and appetizer buffet will lead off in advance of the presentation of the Association's highest awards and the Bilge Pullers Hall of Fame.
SPECIAL GUEST SPEAKER: DAVE PERRY
The ILYA Board will commence Sunday at 8:30 for our annual winter meeting. All are welcome.