Regattas / Calendar
1-2 ILYA Winter Inland -
24-26 O'Pen Bic NA's - RHACD
24-26 USODA Great Plains Team Trials Qualifier, Okoboji
Submit your 2014 dates
Donate to ILYA or
Support your Olympic Contenders
Join the ILYA Register for Dues Join Our List Strictly Sail ----This weekend at Navy Pier Chicago Visit Our Scow dealers
Here is the reason for all the women to attend.--- Along with a promise of a nice Chicago restaurant dinner. Stelluca is an Inland-member owned company specializing in recycled sailcloth products. The bags are colorful, artful and sized for your any need. New this year will be sailcloth pillow cases. But look at iPad covers, ties, luggage tags. They all speak "SAIL" as you travel.
Line Honors - Booth 243
Melges Performance Sailboats - Booth 230
Stelluca - Booth 411C
UK Sails - Booth 396
UW Sailing Team - Booth 578
U of Minn Sailing Team - booth 598
For discounted tickets, click here.
Winter Inland - March 1-2 New topicsAfternoon GO FAST techniques has been added to this year's agenda. It has been a few years since Melges has been available to "teach us" due to a regatta conflict. But they return to help you get enthused for the 2014 season. Many of our sessions revolve around promoting our strong classes, providing better communication to our race committee and clubs; creating new opportunites to return to the heyday of Inland sailing at our annual event.
Watch for your Scowslants for more information. Registration will be due by Feb 20th. More as we approach the date.
- Want to be able to talk to your homelake fleet all at once with one text message? Come and hear Chris Lieber explain STATWACK, an app for $.99 which will allow you to do just that. Buy the app before the Winter Inland to receive updates. This will allow us to test our system. It is our hope we can send out RC and social announcements at all our regattas with one text message. The app was developed to allow high school or college athletic teams to gather stats about performance, keep a history of times, scores, etc. Come to hear Chris explain its function.
- There is a new Fleet Council per ILYA Bylaws. Have you ever considered how fortunate we are to share this family of scows? There is a boat for everyone but our commonality allows us to learn from each other. Many of our race committee recommendations are similar which allows us to discuss globally our wishes or what we have learned as many of our sailors travel around the nation. Join in the discussion.
- Fleet meetings are in the afternoon which allows a change. You can enjoy your AM activities and arrive early to discuss the broader issues or in the afternoon only for the lunch, fleet meetings and awards.
- This is an ILYA Bilge Pullers Hall of Fame year. The late afternoon awards ceremony honors our best.
- The ILYA Foundation Committee has met to alter its course. The Committee is developing a plan to promote the X boat to underdeveloped clubs or to introduce the X to clubs without fleets. More later as we work through logistics, fundraising, mentoring and boat ownership issues. This is an exciting new venture for the ILYA.
- Delegates Meeting - this is your opportunity to speak to us. You will hear from the Board about the new regatta format, the new X promotion, including sailing schools as members. Often your delegate representation is an afterthought. "Oh, I can speak for my lake". Please take the time to assign a delegate and encourage attendance. The Delegates elect the new members to the ILYA Board of Directors. Nominating Chair, Rick Trester, will announce the slate which will add Geneva and Mendota to the voting leadership of the ILYA.
Haeger Takes North American Title ISAF Miami is NextIt's a busy season in the US before our Olympic-hopeful sailors move on to the European circuit. All the big names will be here in Miami starting next week. The warmup event, the North Americans, provided some practice racing in Miami this past weekend. This area is a training field for Annie Haeger and her crewmate Briana Provancha. Annie finished second overall, edged out by the French but took home the title of North American Champs.Next week watch the event and look for Gordon Lamphere in the Finn class and Erik Bowers in the Laser division. X Inland - Gull Lake Quilt projectTwo most fortunate lakes have had the honor of displaying the X Inland Quilt in their clubhouses. Lake Beulah and Delavan have enjoyed the prize. A review by originator Richard Beers discovered how proactive or visionary Gull Lake was at the time of its quilt square submission. Two years later and we are HERE! Come to Gull for many, many reasons but to try to win the X Inland Quilt for your club. MC Invite at Okoboji Housing Info
The Okoboji Yacht Club MC fleet has really found a home on this breezy glacial lake in northwest Iowa. The fleet has grown significantly and remains extremely competitive on the national scene. There are 33 MC's registered at the OYC with over 20 competing in the 2013 ILYA Champs hosted by the Okoboji Yacht Club. Please come and enjoy our great water (swimming suggested), beautiful yacht club and renowned hospitality. We will even help you get settled in with some housing. Highway 86 has reopened after significant widening and curve straightening providing a clear shot of 18 miles from Interstate 90 to the Okoboji Yacht Club. Super easy!
Housing List - Ask for Regatta Rates
RESORTS on West Lake Okoboji - power boat hoists are available
The Inn www.bojifun.com 877/ 265-4386 $170 - 350/night
Village West www.villagewestresort.com 712/ 337-3223 From $156/night
West Oaks www.westoaksresort.com 712/ 332-7711 $249 -$319/night
Fillenwarths www.fillenwarthbeach.com 712/ 332-5646 120 - $1,000/night
STATE CAMPGROUND on West Lake Okoboji - large boat ramp
Emerson Bay http://iowastateparks.reserveamerica.com 712/ 3373211
Rates $16/night for electric - $19 full hookup MOTELS
AmericInn - Okoboji www.americinn.com 800/ 634-3444 Rates $170 - 206
Bridges Bay - Okoboji www.bridgesbayresort.com712/ 332-2202 Rates $123 - $152/night
Boulders Inn - Milford www.bouldersinnokoboji.com 855/ 392-9300 Rates $154 - $244
Okoboji Motel - Okoboji www.myokobojimotel.com 712/ 332-8040 Rates $120 - $170/night
Ramada Inn - Spirit Lake www.discoverokoboji.com/ramadainn712/336-3984 Rates $149 - $179/night
Rodeway - Milford www.rodewayinn-okoboji.com 712/ 338-4701 Rates $100 - $289/night
Super 8 - Spirit Lake www.super8.com/hotels/iowa/spirit-lake-ia712/ 336-4901 Rates $104 -$109/night
There are many other resorts and motels available in the Iowa Great Lakes area. Checkout www.vacationokoboji.com/directory/lodging/default.aspx 800/ 270-2574
Private housing provided when available: contact Kirsty Thoreson email@example.com
Friday - Saturday - Sunday AM July 11 to 13 - Registration Thursday, July 10
David Thoreson firstname.lastname@example.org Tel 206/ 910-6171
Brad Farrar email@example.com Tel 712/ 337-0121
Okoboji Yacht Club-1900 South Manhattan Beach Road-Milford, IA 51355www.oycia.org